Democrats’ Grass Roots Shift the Power
Will the dems grassroots movement reshape party politics? Read all about it in today’s Washington Post. The facts speak for themselves:
1. the republicians beat the dems at the grassroots game in 2004.
2. given the make-up of the party, the democrats should have been able to get out more votes.
It is no surprise that Democratic leaders are paying much closer
attention to grass-roots activists. In 2003 and 2004, those activists
became prodigious contributors to the Democratic Party, to Kerry and to
Dean, who first tapped into their potential through the Internet during
his campaign for the Democratic nomination.
- WSJ: Dean Campaign Made Payments To Two Bloggers
- (re) find: Ken Mehlman and Joe Trippi discuss 2004 Vote
- DNC 2004 Weblogs: News Aggregator